Released 21 years ago, on July 4, 1996, Windows Live Hotmail was Microsoft’s official e-mail service until 2012. However, it was replaced by Outlook.
Nowadays it is still possible to use Hotmail, however, through the Outlook tool.
He makes it possible to send and receive emails in an instant and practical way. Being the first service of the kind launched.
Hotmail was used by more than 460 million people worldwide in 2008, with 47 million in Brazil alone. Thus, we see its great importance for the digital world.
During the creation of the email, by being directly connected to another tool, Hotmail will give you options of which address you can use, being: Hotmail.com, outlook.com and outlook.com.br.
However, this choice only influences aesthetics and does not limit the user experience, since all addresses nowadays point to the Outlook tool. Microsoft maintains this user convenience.
How to Create Hotmail Email
Access the Hotmail.com site, go to the option Create an Account. After and enter your data, as you will be requested on the screens:
• Username (the e-mail address): Choose an e-mail address that is easy to remember and access. Tip: Use a variation combining your name, surname and numbers;
• Password: The creation of a strong password is recommended for greater security. Passwords with more than 10 letters and addition of numbers and special characters tend to be safer;
• Name: Here you must enter your first name only;
• Last name: You now need to enter your full surname, without abbreviation;
• Sex: Inform your sex;
• Country / Region: Select the country where you live, followed by the region in which you live;
• Date of birth: Enter your full date of birth;
• Phone for password recovery: Insert a phone, preferably personal, so you can access recovery options or change your password. For, in case you forget it or lose access to the account, this information will be of paramount importance.
Still have questions about how to create a Hotmail account? See more details here.
How to recover Hotmail account
In case you forget your email access password, you can not access your account or forget your username, you can use the offered account recovery options.
For the recovery of the email, is will give you the following options:
• Send a code to the alternate email – In such a way, you must provide an alternative email, which you need to have access to, to receive a security confirmation code, allowing the recovery of the lost account.
• Send a code to your mobile: This option will send the account recovery code to the mobile phone number registered at the time of the account creation.
• Using a trusted computer – Selecting this option confirms that you are using Hotmail from a trusted, secure personal computer that is not accessed by a third party.
• Customer Support – With Microsoft Customer Support you can send a message explaining the conditions for account recovery. Thus, you must enter as much data as possible from the account owner so that the responder responding to the message can solve the problem.
How to Unlock Hotmail
The cases in which Hotmail blocks the account of a user for being of different reasons. The reasons, for example, can vary from:
• Security failure
• When someone else tries to access the account
• When the password is entered several times wrong
• Suspected activity of the account owner. For example, sending repeated messages to multiple contacts constantly, even if the activity is not carried out with bad intentions.
However, to unlock Hotmail you need to access Customer Support, inform the situation to the attendants.
How to access Hotmail
It is very practical and quick to access your personal email through Hotmail.
To do this, simply type in your browser’s address bar www.hotmail.com or go to www.msn.com. Select the “Outlook.com” option, enter your email, go to the next tab and enter your password.
And now, you can now access your email box, write and send messages, and more.
Compare e-mail services now, and choose the one that suits you best.